Skip to main content

Personality Traits

A couple of personality traits I would like to work on would be, being more focused, more independent and more open-minded. I feel that anyone who works in an office environment really needs these three traits to succeed. 

I don't have problems with focusing to get my tasks done during the day, but I am very easy to distract and can become lazy. At home, I can get the laundry and dishes done but won't pick up the living room because it can wait till later, then never gets done. To work on this trait, I could set a reasonable time frame for me to get all of my chores done during the day. 

I will say that in most aspects of my life, I am very independent. But at work, if I don't understand something, I ask my managers show me a few times on how to do the task they need me to complete. I feel that this comes from the fact that I like to make sure my work is as perfect as possible, and beginning shown what to do makes me feel like I can complete the task better. To become more independent, I could watch how-to videos on how to work the program I am using, ask a co-worker for help or complete the task, then correct any mistakes afterwards. 

The third trait I would like to work on is being more open-minded. I am very open-minded when it comes to a wide range of topics; but I find it hard for me to take constructive criticism, only because I feel like a failure when I am told I did a task wrong. I believe that if I work on not being so defensive when it comes to my tasks, then it would make my work life a little easier. 





Comments

  1. Hey Ashley,
    I really liked reading your blog post on your personality traits. I agree that the traits you picked are important to have to be successful working in an office or at home. Focusing at home and getting everything done is quite a challenge for everyone. I like your idea of setting a time frame that could be a great solution. The next trait you mentioned about becoming more independent at work when you're not too sure is tough. When you do something you want to make sure you do it right I get it. Sometimes you just need more confidence in yourself. Your last trait is great. It is definitely one of the hardest things to face sometimes especially in the workplace when you're on the receiving end of constructive criticism. Others are only trying to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much Kendra! It is hard to try to change certain habits, specially when it comes to something you can't necessarily see, but I know with patience and practice, I will be able to correct these bad behaviors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment