For our week 4 (or week 5, I forget) blog topic, we are to think about where we see ourselves in five years. Career wise, I hope to be working for a company as an Office Manager, an Executive's Assistant or in one of the local town offices.
I hope to be doing something in Data Entry with a bit of Accounting, since I have discovered I'm pretty good at it. I don't see myself working for a large company or anywhere off Cape, but if that does happen, I'd hope that it would be a remote position since I don't like traffic and just the thought of having to deal with the summer bridge traffic everyday makes me feel ill. I've worked as an Assistant before and would like to find something similar, where I don't have to be on my feet all day and would have reasonable working hours.
I know I'd be seriously considering moving to be near the work location. Of course, in my case, I'd be making sure said location is actually something I could handle. As in, near seawater and trees alike (one of the things that kept me sane when I lived in Boston was the Back Bay Fens--the resident Hooded Mergansers and occasional Wood Ducks in particular). That said, I definitely want something where I'm not in *constant* motion (I've already had my fill of that at T.J. Maxx).
ReplyDeleteI hope I find a federal job, somewhere on cape or close to cape. I don't mind travelling, but as you said the traffic. Well good luck on your future endeavors.
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best in your future endeavors, I myself is not big on traffic so I would have to be close to the area where I work.
ReplyDelete